Information we Collect–
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from The Foot Clinic you will normally provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, medical information and payment information. We will store your information on an electronic patient record and diary system which is fully password protected.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on several legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
From time to time we may wish to send you direct marketing material which may include product offers and newsletters. The following are different methods we may use to contact you –
If at any point you wish to withdraw your consent, then please let us know.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our patients/customers is important to The Foot Clinic. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent we will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as external reception services. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge my business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we are legally required to.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as X Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
You have several rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are as follows –
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Me
For purposes of the GDPR, I, Helen Smith, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me on email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
The Foot Clinic, 7 Strathmore House, Cornwall Way, East Kilbride, G74 1LF.